Having problems with your Asko Dishwashers ?
My dishwasher will not start. The lights are blinking but it will not engage. This has happened before and I have tried all of the following items:
turned on and off dishwasher
reset from electrical box
run garbage disposal
empty out excess water
First I'll show you how to diagnose Dishwasher problems :
\015\012Things You'll Need:Screwdriver\015\012VOM set to the RX1 scale
I hope that will help :
rate if useful please !
First I'll show you how to diagnose Dishwasher problems :
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011First check the manual to see if the machine has a specific \015\012troubleshooting guide.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Note all sounds or other symptoms the dishwasher shows.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Look for some of the more common problems. This includes \015\012water temperature deviations, poor washing, failed motor, overflows or \015\012leaks or door-latch problems, among others. Anything that can't be dealt\015\012 with through your troubleshooting guide needs the use of a \015\012professional. Check for obvious causes, like blockage in any area or \015\012extremely dirty situations affecting water flow.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Perform some basic troubleshooting--the problem with the \015\012dishwasher may have nothing to do with its innards. Check the outlet to \015\012make sure it is receiving power, make sure the water supply is clear, \015\012and check during a cycle to see that the water is hot enough. Pay close \015\012attention to the door latch too. Most dishwashers won't work unless the \015\012door is securely closed.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Unplug the dishwasher and shut off the water supply. You \015\012don't want either water or electricity running through it while you are \015\012tinkering.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the retaining screws on the control panel of the door,\015\012 which will give you access to the dishwasher's inner components. They \015\012are usually hidden by plastic molding, which can be pried off safely \015\012with a screwdriver. In some cases, you'll have to take the entire door \015\012panel off instead of just the control panel.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Check the door gasket. This is likely the culprit if the \015\012dishwasher is leaking. When gaskets wear out, they tend to harden and \015\012crack, which creates an imperfect seal. If the gasket isn't in need of \015\012replacement, check to make sure it forms a tight seal with the door. You\015\012 may need to tighten or loosen the retaining bolts to refit it.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Check the latch to make sure the door can close securely. It \015\012may have loosened or moved out of alignment, in which case you can \015\012adjust it with a screwdriver by tightening or loosening the bolts.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Take off the panel that covers the door switch and remove one\015\012 of the lead wires. Connect it to a VOM set to the RX1 scale, then close\015\012 the door. If the VOM reads zero, the door switch is working. Otherwise,\015\012 it will need to be replaced. The door switch controls the timer and \015\012similar components: If it's broken, the dishwasher will not start.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the bottom rack and check the float switch. This keeps\015\012 the dishwasher from overflowing with water. You may need to dislodge it\015\012 or remove food particles that have caused it to become jammed. If it is\015\012 worn out, it will need to be replaced. Test it with a VOM as well. If \015\012the meter reads higher than zero, the switch is broken and you will need\015\012 a replacement.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Test the dishwasher timer with a VOM. Again, if it reads \015\012higher than zero, then it needs replacing.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Check the inlet valve for any damage or obstruction. The \015\012screens may be clogged with minerals, in which case they can be removed \015\012and rinsed out. A worn-out valve can be removed by unscrewing it from \015\012the mounting bracket and replacing it with a new one. If the valve is \015\012controlled by a solenoid, disconnect a wire and connect it to the VOM. \015\012In this case, the meter should read anywhere from 100 to 1000 ohms. If \015\012the reading is any higher, you should replace the solenoid.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Check the heater with a VOM. It should rank between 15 and 30\015\012 ohms. If it doesn't, then disconnect the leads from the terminal screws\015\012 and unscrew the remainder of the heater from its housing. You can then \015\012remove it through the tub and replace it with a new heater.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the strainer and spraying arms from the dishwasher and\015\012 check them for any food build-up or mineral deposits. Clean them \015\012thoroughly with water before replacing them.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Remove the sprayer arm to check the water pump beneath. Once \015\012you've unscrewed the central bolt, you should be able to remove the \015\012components one at a time. Make sure you keep track of the order they are\015\012 in so you can replace them properly when you are done.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Clean the lower pump impeller if it is clogged. If that \015\012doesn't work, then the pump should be serviced by a professional \015\012handyman.
- \015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011Reattach the control panel on the door when you have finished\015\012 repairing the faulty component.
\015\012Things You'll Need:Screwdriver\015\012VOM set to the RX1 scale
I hope that will help :
rate if useful please !
Hi, since the lights are blinking, then it is definitely not a power related or fuse problem, rather the problem is coming from the control panel board. This maybe as a result of partial contact and it can be fixed by servicing the control panel board. All you need to do is to call in a technician to service it for you for a token fee...
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Asko Dishwashers
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.
Suggested Questions/Answers :
My dishwasher will not start. The lights are blinking but it will not engage. This has happened before and I have tried all of the following items: turned on and off dishwasher unplugged reset from electrical box run garbage disposal empty out excess water
Hello : First I'll show you how to diagnose Dishwasher problems : \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\015\012\015\012\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\011\ ... Asko Dishwashers
The bottom drawer is filling with excess water after the top drawer cycles. It doesn't hamper the use of the bottom drawer as the excess water drains during the cycle, but I am concerned about rust, etc. from the excess water standing in the drawer. Please advise. Denise Arnold
Hi\015\012 \015\012This means that you have an overflow leak problem. You need to shut off circuit breaker or pull fuse. Next let it dry out for up to 4 days ,peak under dryer and feel metal drip pan and ... Fisher and Paykel Dishwashers
I have a problem with my Asko D3350 Dishwasher, can you help? On startup the diswasher does its normal cycle and pumps excess water out and then fills the dishwasher with water to the correct level of water, after this the machine has no dishwashing action at all for the duration of the program setting. The dishwaher then pumps all excess water out and switches off as normal but no washing action has taken place, there are no error codes during the entire operation. Is there any way to rese
Hi Tony,\015\012\015\012I have the same machine (D3350) and almost the same problem.\015\012\015\012Mine starts each cycle fine - pumps out - fills - rinses - pumps out tht first load and then does not fill again. If I manuall ... Asko Dishwashers
We lost electricity very briefly today which caused the dishwasher, washing, drying, clean buttons to blink when the electricity came back on. I opened the door to do a load of dishes hours after the electricity came back on and the basin was filled with water which caused water to spill out of the dishwasher. The basin was empty last night when we used it. It seemed to fill up when it was not running.
It seems unit fill valve is stuck open and water is coming in even when machine is off.fill valve opens up only when u start the unit.2 chks this u can open the door and look at the hole inside from where water comes in.if water is coming in with do ... Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2850 Built-in Dishwasher
I have an zanussi LS6 and in the display it on and off shows the A1 and B2 and spills water. The problem though is not what normally comes with A1 and B2. Somehow the water gets to electrical parts and all power is out in the café. Several experts that has been to see the machine clame it has something to do with the electrical system - that measueres when there is enough water. They say it has something to do with machine having the salt container and they have all given up repairing it. I boug
... Zanussi 24 in. LS6E Free-standing Dishwasher
Leaking FDW60 I have a Hotpoint FDW60 dishwasher. yesterday it tripped our house electrics and then we had water flooding out of the dishwasher. Through a process of elimination I have now discovered that water is leaking from the drainage sump in the centre of the babse down onto the motor or other electrics. I have looked for loose hoses and there are none visible from the base of the dishwasher, can you give some ideas where the water might be coming from?
Had a similar problem when I removed the lower spray arm for replacement (see http://www.fixya.com/support/t234402-fdw60_dishwasher ) and didn't put the centre retai ... Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing Dishwasher
Hello, We have a combination oven and dishwasher. Last week I filled up the dishwasher and after about 5 minutes a blue spark came out at the bottom and it cut the electricity off. Once the electricity was restored we started it again and after a few minutes it just stopped after filling up with water. It blew a fuse again but only one fuse this time and now doesn't switch on anymore. We have emptied all the water from the dishwasher and checked the filter, etc and wonder what could have gone wr
Hi, I contacted the Rosieres web site in France and sent a message using the link Contact Us. Here is the reply;Dear xxxxx,we advice you to contact:TELE MENAGER VIDEO SERVICE21 rue georges Doublet0610 ... Dishwashers
Beatstherest again Thank you for helping me with question on dishwasher install...Water seems to be ok. Electrical connections seem ok. What is the electrical part on the valve that you mentioned? Does this control the water flow?
Well if the wire connection/leads arent fully connected to the valve its possible the valve would not energize. (2 wires leading to the valve in which oyou hooke up water supply) perhaps came loose in shipping/delivery ... Tappan 18 in. MDR251RE Built-in Dishwasher
I have a Bosch Diswasher that is not draining. I have disconnected power for 35 minustes and used shop vac to excess water out of drain line. i also pulled all water thru the drain line from the tub itself. i assume that because i could pull the water, all baffles and lines are clear as i emptied the tub from drain line. you can hear the pump come on to drain water but no water is moving. What would be my next step. If it is to replace the pump, how do i easiest access the pump to remove and rep
Either the selector switch or pump is faulty. If there is not any clogs anyways. The system may need to be reset. Most resets are done by entering a series of numbers on the touch pad to enter diagnostic/test mode where the machine can be reset. This ... Dishwashers
No water is coming thru the water valve to fill the dishwasher. The water is turned on. I had a Kenmore portable dishwasher and we just converted it to a built-in. The electricity is on and the water line installed. When I turn on the dishwasher, it comes on ok but no water is coming into the machine.
Most probable cause a faulty intake solenoid. OK start simple and go from there.If your have power and light etc come on then we know you are good for power. I'll assume that is OK. If\012you are not getting any li ... Dishwashers
Bosch SHX46A (6 years old) Selected regular cycle, pressed On and closed door. Cycle did not start normally. Pump runs, but no water is coming into the DW. I confirmed the water supply line is turned on. I opened door, turned off On/Off switch, then poured water into drain. Then turned On/Off switch on. DW began pumping water OUT of the DW. Also, it doesn't matter if the door is open or closed - if you turn the DW on, the pump will run. I suspect a problem with the electrical controls, or perha
From your description, I doubt that the problem is door latch is the cause.\015\012\015\012The first thing that a modern dishwasher does before it begins to fill with water is run the drain pump. It appears that this DW is not progressing ... Bosch Integra® 500 SHX46A0 Dishwasher
We recently bought a house with a Kenmore 363.16222100 (?) dishwasher. No manual. Monday night it didn't drain properly and leaked some water on the kitchen floor. The cycle had finished when we saw the water on the floor. We bailed out the excess water. I took off the drain cover and insert. I couldn't see an obvious clog problem, but cleaned it out. Then I tried a short cycle, interrupting it to shorten it. No problem. Water seemed to drain fine. I did find a part that looked like a straw and
HelloWelcome to FixyaMy name is Huum,You can find your model dishwashers manual here at this site. this sitehttp://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0801624.pdfI feel you should not invest blindly in someone ... Dishwashers
I have a pot scrubber 600. I just replaced the water line. I had to disconnect the electric wire to service the unit. Everything is running except the water doesn't fill, and there is an awful buzz from the actuator for the water discharge. What is going on? The water valve is on but doesn't fill.
So tell...me...you replaced the water line why......its probably moot as to why you did it....just realize that the large majority of no water problems are due to a wire off or loose on a water solenoid valve or a bad solenoid....I am going to provid ... GE Dishwashers
Our bosch dishwasher runs but no water is spraying on the inside. Is there a water filter clean out or is there a water pump that might be broken? I checked the line coming in and it isn't plugged. I made sure where the stainless line goes into the electric valve that it wasn't plugged to that point. I could see anywhere else to check if it was plugged. I figure there has to be a water pump, but I guess I'm not sure of that either. Thanks for any help..
Hi, welcome to Fixya. \015\012 \015\012By the description you've provided, it sound's like the wash motor is either seized or just stuck, let's hope it's the later. \015\012 \015\012Bosch had issued a service tip about this ... Bosch 24 in. SHE43C05UC Stainless Steel Free-Standing Dishwasher
I have a Kenmore 363.15655891 Dishwasher. It will not fill with water. I have replaced the fill valve, water is on to the machine. When I check the electric connection for the fill valve it does no
Dishlex Global 300 Fills and then stops. faint electrical smell after a while . Checked heating element that I replaced 8 months ago, seems OK. It has 29X? ohms resistance and looks OK. (I am not sure of the reading on my meter but the element is not fused.) Pumps water in and out OK No blockage in pump or filters Water level looks to be low on filling, only part covers the heating element. I tried instruction book on changing water level using the "Eco" button no response as indicated in
You need to open the front cover and check the wiring for any burnt wire,this happen sometimes,if that does not solve then it't either pcb or electric motor causing this smell.You would be better off with a new one then. ... Dishwashers
The dishwasher seems to work ok, except for excessive water in the bottom. It does pump water out during the wash process, but leaves standing water in the bottom when wash is complete.
Hi,\012Here\012is a tip that I wrote that will help you with your dishwasher not\012draining problem...Dishwasher Problems - ... Dishwashers
I have a Craftsman power washer model 580 752020. When I start it up, turn on the switch the electric motor runs fine until I either close the trigger to the spray nozzle or press the trigger for power spray. The electric motor just shuts down, if I take my finger off the pressure and let the water run with no presssure the motor runs fine. My question is this. Is the capasitator on the electric motor the probable cause and is there a way to check out the capasitator to see if it is malfuncti
I doubt that it has anything to do with the capacitor on the motor. i think you are having a problem with the actual Motor Drive circuitry. What is happening is when you close the switch, this tells the Motor to "Ramp Up" to pump the water out, what ... Craftsman Pressure Washers
Hi, I have a 3 year old Nemo F&P dishwasher which turns itself on and off for about 3 seconds each on/off continually.Eventually it does get enough water to wash but never goes into the wash cycle properly, ie the water just sits at the bottom. We dont think it's water pressure and it was working fine until recently.Could it be an electrical problem with the signal to fill properly not getting through? Thanks
Hi\015\012\015\012 \015\012\015\012 \015\012\015\012Thanks for using FixYa. If the cycle doesn't\015\012complete, then the first thing ... Fisher and Paykel Dishwashers
I have a countertop dishwasher, The problem is excessive water remains in the dishwasher and it wont clean the dishes at the end, as it can not empty the water completely and circulates the mixture of water and detergent over and over
Check your filter and see its clogged ,check and see if your drain is kinked or clogged.If not it is probably your pump. ... Dishwashers
Kitchen Aid model KUDS01FLSS3, water gets pumped into bottom of dishwasher but when the cycle needs to change to shoot the water over the dishes nothing happens. When the cancel button is pushed all the water will drain.I have cleaned out the bottom drain compartment that was jammed with calcium build up and guck. Would this be a pump /motor problem or electrical circuit board problem?
... KitchenAid Dishwashers
Bosch dishwasher not letting water in to the unit. I have checked the water inlet and there is water coming through. However there is a electrical smell to the uniot and seems not to be going through its cycle correctly
You need to replace the water inlet solenoid valves as a unit,you can normally do this from outside the unit,some you may need to remove rear cover to replace it ... Dishwashers
Bosch Sensomatic Water never comes on. Everything looks fine, all electric looks ok, no water in bottom. I turned it on, opened it to add a spoon, closed it and the water never started running
Do you know your model number? ... Bosch 24 in. SHU43 Built-in Dishwasher
Hi, my name is GAD. i work at a conference center. our model is quite an old version of the MH65-70 - maybe 1985? How do you adjust the water temp for both the rinse and wash cycles? the gage reads too hot. we have someone here who can service it, knows how to work the electrical, but does not know where to adjust the water temp. Is it a dial? a bolt adjustment? how do we lower the water temp sensor?
Hello Gad\015\012Send me the serial No. of your unit and let me see whether we are talking the same machine. \015\012The one I'm talking about have 3 thermostate with dial to adjust the temperature 1 for Hi temp safty no dial fixed tempe ... Moyer Diebel 28 in. MH65-70 Free-standing Dishwasher
When starting wash cycle the dishwasher cda cw447 doesnt appear to be getting enough water in and is making a droning / whirring / electrical ? noise. pipes all connected ok inc aquastop water supply unit, no kinks etc. machine 3 1/2 yrs old, just started making this noise. appears to complete rapid cycle but still making unusual sound. water drains away fine from this cycle, dont believe pipes / hoses are blocked.
Try removing the inlet pipe, and refitting, might fix it, else likely that the \015\012Inlet water soleniod failing/failed or tiny mesh filter (it does come out for cleaning) behind the inlet hose clogged. Temporaily bypass the aquastop water s ... Dishwashers