Having problems with your Maytag Dishwasher ?

Does not pump water - Maytag Dishwasher


Answers :

The drain pump is blocked or has failed 70% chance blocked & 30% chance the pump has failed
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Maytag Dishwasher

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Hello we are having a problem with our Maytag stand up dishwasher. The water is not pumping out all the way and the water that is pumping out is pumping out slow. There is about an inch of water that is laying in the bottom of the dishwasher.


... Maytag 24 in. MSE760FAKS Free-standing Dishwasher

I have a maytag quiet series 300. When it is done with any of the cycles in leaves about 1-2 inches of water in the bottom of the dishwasher. I can manually hit the start button twice and it will go through a 2 minute cycle and pump out the water. I have cleaned the filter inside the dishwasher where it drains and have checked the hose to the disposal and it pumps out fine. It just doen't pump itself at the end of the cycle. HELP!


Here it is - Maytag Quiet Series 300 Manual ... Maytag Dishwashers

Dishwasher overflows I have a Maytag PDB3600AWX dishwasher. The pump works well, pumps all water out of the tub when reaching the appropriate cycle state. However, it keeps taking in water when it's not running / turned on (e.g., overnight) and the tub starts overflowing, cuasing obvious leakages (to the basement). What part needs to be replaced? Thanks, C Artz


Sounds like you've got a problem with the water intake valve(s). If it takes on water without water running in the sink, that is where I would look. If it happens when you use the sink, then I would also check your drain hose placement ... Dishwashers

Water leaks from underneath the unit. Water only leaks when the pump cuts on (pressurizes). It leaks down on to the hose connecting to the water inlet valve on the right hand side of the unit when looking at the door of the unit. When the unit is full of water and the motor / pump is not running the unit does not leak. This unit is a Maytag jetclean dishwasher Model DWU9200BAB about 12 years old


Please change the 'o'rings of drain line and the inlet and also check the drain hose and the inlet if there are any holes in it ... Dishwashers

My Maytag dishwasher model #WU301 in not pumping out the water or does not seem to pump water in on a wash cycle


... Maytag Dishwashers

Maytag mdbh970aw dishwasher pump runs discharge line is clear a very small amount of water will pump out most of it is left in dishwasher


... Maytag 24 in. MDBH970AW Built-in Dishwasher

My Maytag PDB3600AWX isn't working. The motor hums as if its working but no water is in the tub. I did put a pitcher of water in the tub to see if it would pump out and it does. I don't know what else to check for. We have had lots of problems with this dishwasher, its never washed the dishes well and has flooded my kitchen to the point of having to replace flooring. I thought its was because we had just had new flooring installed and when they put the dishwasher back in the counter the hose was


... Maytag PDB3600A Built-in Dishwasher

I have a Maytag dishwasher (MDB600AWA) and it does not pump the water out. The pump motor doesn't seem to be coming on or trying to pump. I've never had any other trouble with this. It was purchased new in '99, but not installed until 2001 (long story) Can you help?


Ive found miriad things in dishwasher pumps...watch,bullets,underwear,money,chicken bones. i would first suspect the pump of being plugged or stopped up with something. if you are handy with tools you could remove the pump to check. if not call a rep ... Maytag MDB9600A Jetclean II Built-in Dishwasher

Maytag quiet 400 will not pump in water, - Maytag Dishwasher


I would 1st check the line for any blockage,both into the pump and out of the pump. If not blocked try turning on with panel off to see if you can hear/feel the water pump running(to make sure electric is getting to pump). If it is,then most likely n ... Maytag Dishwasher

Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB4100AWQ When I start the Light Wash Cycle: Washer fills with water, heater comes on (I checked it with a volt meter--120 volts), timer runs, motor never runs, before the timer gets to "rinse" the heating delay light on the door comes on and the timer stops. The heater is still on (120volts) nothing further happens it just boils away on the water in the washer. Note: If I manually forward the timer to "rinse" the motor will kick in and run but does not pump out w


Most common d/w power is 120 volts, check for 120 volts with a  ... Dishwashers

Asko diswasher Dishwasher will not get water. Lines all checked, water on. Pump runs even when in off. Problem started when there was a water clog in the sink next to the dishwasher, and the dishwasher backfilled with water. We used a shop vac to get the dirty water out. Next day tried to use dishwasher, runs, but no water and empying pump will not stop running. Ideas?


Check for water leaks or not draining/overfilling fault ... Asko D1776 Stainless Steel Built-in Dishwasher

Bosch dishwasher model shx36l fails to stop pumping. The drain was clogged. I cleared the drain. Dishasher backed up, water overflowed. Clog has been fixed. Dishwasher will not stop trying to pump water out. There is NO water inside dishwasher. I wish to run another load however unit fails to respond. Pump is operating even when front door to doshwasher is open. Turning the power button to OFF is the only remedy to stop drain pump from operating. How to fix?


... Bosch Integra® 500 SHX46A0 Dishwasher

Maytag dishwasher fills but water does not splash around (pump).


... Maytag 24 in. MDB5600A Jetclean II Built-in Dishwasher

I changed my water control valve, thinking my dishwasher was not getting water, however, if I put water in the basin, dishwasher pumps the water out, however, it sounds like the dishwasher stays stuck in the drain mode, pump just continues to run?


Hi,\015\012\015\012There is a simple explanation for this - water is leaking into the bottom of your dishwasher under the washing compartment. This has caused the float to rise and trip the switch which activates the Aqua-Stop / anti-floo ... Bosch SHU9915UC Dishwasher

I have a problem with my Asko D3350 Dishwasher, can you help? On startup the diswasher does its normal cycle and pumps excess water out and then fills the dishwasher with water to the correct level of water, after this the machine has no dishwashing action at all for the duration of the program setting. The dishwaher then pumps all excess water out and switches off as normal but no washing action has taken place, there are no error codes during the entire operation. Is there any way to rese


Hi Tony,\015\012\015\012I have the same machine (D3350) and almost the same problem.\015\012\015\012Mine starts each cycle fine - pumps out - fills - rinses - pumps out tht first load and then does not fill again. If I manuall ... Asko Dishwashers

Our kitchen drain clogged recently and water drained back into our VUD141 dishwasher. A plumber cleared the drain, and turned on the DW - which pumped out the standing water. But now, we have no water flowing into the dishwasher. The drain pumps, the heater works, but there's no water supply. The plumber who cleared the drain said he didn't DO dishwashers, and I cannot locate the owner's manual since we prepared for a move.


Hi\015\012\015\012 \015\012\015\012When the dishwasher won't fill and the water supply is on,\015\012then the issue is with the water inlet valve which is either clogged or\015\012blocked, you can try to clean it. If this wont so ... Viking 24 in. Professional Series VUD141 (Ultra-Premium) Built-in Dishwasher

Maytag DWU6402AAB dishwasher hums but motor does not run. I've taken the inside apart down to the disk-shaped impeller. It turns freely so the pump and motor are not stuck. When control knob is turned motor hums at the places where it normally should run. The water valve & heating coil seem to be operationg normally. i assume the next step is to test the motor &/or motor relay. Is this correct and how do I do that?


... Dishwashers

I have a Maytag Dishwasher, Model # WU482, ser # 01625706XT. The Water is not being pumped out , I checked Belt, and it is oK.


Water pump out drain hose to sink kinked /stopped up if new disposol was installled and the installer did not take the dis/washer plug out it can not pump water to the drain ... Maytag Dishwashers

Does not pump water - Maytag Dishwasher


The drain pump is blocked or has failed 70% chance blocked & 30% chance the pump has failed ... Maytag Dishwasher

We have a Maytag dishwasher model WU304 that is about 20 years old. There is a very loud noise, smoke coming from the inside of the unit and no water being pumped in. The machine was shut off and restarted with the same symptoms.


... Maytag Dishwashers

Water will not pump in .to the dish washer - Maytag 24 in. MDBH950AWS Built-in Dishwasher


\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012There's no water entering the machine\015\012\015\012If there's no water entering your dishwasher, check these: ... Maytag 24 in. MDBH950AWS Built-in Dishwasher

Maytag 300 series dishwasher growls like a bad bearing and runs a few minutes then pumps the water out having restart the load. finally after several restarts it will run and finish the load growling every now and then.


This is your pump making noise. It could be the impeller is loose or possibly a bearing. The pump is relatively easy to replace if you have the desire... ... Dishwashers

A maytag mjd 2000 aaw dishwasher doesn't heat the water and also stops pumping through the cycle


... Maytag Dishwashers

My Maytag mdb5130aww dishwasher stopped working; the only function it does is DRAIN. The panel buttons light up. WASH, RINSE etc all do not work. How do I test if the control panel is sending out power to the water pump? What else can I check?


... Electrolux 24 in. EDW5500DSS Stainless Steel Built-in Dishwasher

I had a service tech at my house to repair my refrigerator. He also took a look at my Maytag WU504 dishwaser, which was not cleaning the dishes anymore. He was less familiar with dishwasher diagnosis, but found that the lower spray arm was pumping out water through the jets properly in the cycles, but that the spray arm was not rotating. He seemed stumped and called his supervisor, who suggested it might be the wash impeller. I have looked at the parts diagram on partselectdotcom and taken t


You are absolutely correct!!\015\012\015\012The support retaining nut allows the arm to spin without falling off.\015\012\015\012And it would definately cause dishes not to clean if the arm didnt rotate.\015\012\01 ... Dishwashers
  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || www.a-wash.org || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.1932 seconds